Introduction to Aluminum PCB
Aluminum PCB is a unique metal core copper clad laminate, which possesses excellent thermal conductivity, electrical insulation property, and machinability. Compared with traditional FR-4 within the same thickness and trace width, the aluminum PCB can carry higher current.
Aluminum PCB is composed of copper foil, thermal conductive insulating layer, and metal substrate,
Circuit Layer: equivalent to that on a common PCB, the copper foil thickness ranges from 1oz to 10 oz;
Dielectric Layer: a layer of low thermal resistance heat conduction Insulation material, which is the core technology of aluminum core copper clad laminates, generally is a polymerization filled with special ceramics. It possesses low thermal resistance, excellent viscoelasticity, resistance to heat aging, can withstand thermal stresses;
Base Layer: aluminum substrate.
Application of Aluminum PCB
Now aluminum PCBs are commonly seen in the lighting industry, also play an important role in many other high-power and high-frequency applications.
1. Audio equipment: input/output amplifier, balanced amplifier, audio amplifier, preamplifier, power amplifier, etc.
2. Power supply equipment: switching regulator, DC/AC converter, etc.
3. Communication equipment: high-frequency amplifier, filtering appliance, reporting circuit, etc.
4. Automation equipment: motor drive, etc.
5. Automotive: electronic regulator, igniter, power controller, etc.
6. PC: CPU board, power supply unit, etc.
7. Power module: Inverter, solid relay, rectifier bridge, etc.
8. Lighting equipment: various LED lamps, etc.
We’ve Got Rich Experience in Manufacturing Aluminum PCB
PS Electronics has got plenty of experience in aluminum PCB manufacturing, who knows that the thermal conductivity is one of the key properties, and gets high-performance raw materials from the leading suppliers, such as 6061T6, 5052H34, R-0710, R-0771. The aluminum PCBs come from our strictly controlled manufacturing flow.
We own the independent manufacturing facilities in Guangdong China for metal core boards, where it runs low to high volume Aluminum PCB manufacturing, quick-turn prototyping is running on special lines.
You Will Get the Advantages from Aluminum Boards
- Environmentally Friendly: Non-toxic and recyclable, RoHS & REACH compliant, no market thresholds.
- Excellent Heat Dissipation: Times higher than FR-4 or CEM-3, especially good for lighting or automotive application.
- Higher Durability: Low Z-axis expansion, stronger than ceramic or fiberglass bases, good mechanical properties.
|Surface Finish:||Has, Hasl lead-free, ENIG, OSP, IAg, etc|
|Thermal Conductivity:||1.0/1.5/2.0/3.0 w/m.k|
Terms & Conditions
- Payment Methods: T/T or Paypal
- Price Terms: FOB, CIF+Delivery, DDU, DAP
- Production time starts from EQ confirmed
- Inspection Criteria: IPC 6012 at AQL 0.65%
- Quality Inspection is all based on IPC-6012 Class 2
- Payment is required before shipping for the first order
- Shipment Methods: UPS, DHL, TNT, FEDEX, BY SEA, BY TRAIN, or BY AIR
Q1: How does the aluminum PCB achieve heat dissipation?
The component is mounted on the circuit layer, of whom the generated heat pass the insulating layer quickly conducted to the metal base layer, and then radiated by the metal base layer, thereby achieving heat dissipation.
Q2: How to choose aluminum core PCB?
Thermal conductivity (w/mk) is the critical indicator, generally it includes 1.0, 1.5, 2.0, 3.0, etc. 2.0 is said a high thermal conductivity that will work for most products with high heat dissipation requirements, however, the higher the thermal conductivity, the more expensive the price.
Q3: How long can the aluminum PCB be stored?
The aluminum PCB should be stored in a dark, dry environment. Because most of them easily get moist, yellow, so should be used within 48 hours once they are taken out from the vacuum packages.